Friday, May 9, 2008

Healthy Adult Crush

The Breeders are playing tomorrow night at Pops in Sauget, Illinois. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, the Breeders are playing tomorrow at Pops.....Ahhhhh.

All right that's enough. The Breeders are the only female led band that I can think of that rock hard with true originality. Can you challenge me on this? I am looking to be proven wrong. By rock, I mean in a Ramones, White Stripes, Rolling Stones, Husker Du way.

Janet Weiss, Kim Gordon, Kim and Kelley Deal....these are the best women in rock EVER. I am close to adding Carla Buzolich too. I'm just not there yet. Am I missing anyone?

Anyhow, I will be there tomorrow to see the Breeders for the first time in my life. I've also never been to Pop's.

Here's one of my favorite Kim Deal moments, covering Guided by Voices. Damn. Damn. That's kim in the red sweater. Yeah, that's kelly in the white sweater. Cooler than a well digger's ass. They define female rock cool like Keith Richards in 1968 defined male rock cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment