We are beginning the search for a new home. Actually, we are looking for the perfect home, street and neighborhood to move into in ~2-3 years.
My 49cc scooter allows me to zip around the city at all times of day/night to investigate the various neighborhoods and streets.
I really like Tower Grove South and East. I like Shaw, Lafayette Square and Compton Heights. Carondelet, Gravois Park, Benton Park, Fox Park are cool too, but we're looking for a little more street life and services/businesses.
I like the Hill, St. Louis Hills, Southtown, North Hampton, Holly Hills; but we're ready for a change.
Here's a list of items that are must haves for us to relocate to:
- tree lined streets
- coffee shop within walking distance
- decent bar within walking distance (not a sports bar or hoosier joint)
- at least 3 independent, tasty dining options within walking distance
- community garden within walking distance
- majority housing stock pre-1940
- continuity with it's surroundings (not sided homes on one street, brick on the other)
- park within walking distance
- off-street parking with alley-garage